7 Things to Consider Before Investing In Vintage Jewelry
It’s a wonderful way to discover the designs of years past through vintage jewelry. You can also save money by investing in timeless pieces that will last a lifetime and add beauty and elegance to your wardrobe. There are some things you should know if you’re new in the world of vintage jewel. For those who have virtually any concerns concerning exactly where and how to utilize vintage turquoise jewelry, you are able to call us at our own web page.
1. Authentication: While this can be confusing, a skilled jewelry professional will be able and willing to help. These characteristics will help determine whether the piece is genuine vintage.
2. Style: Although it is impossible to pinpoint the exact date of an item’s creation, certain characteristics can be used to indicate its era.
Art Deco Era (1915-1935), for example, saw fashion trends and jewelry designs change significantly. Some jewelers began experimenting with metals such as gold and platinum. Others started using antique diamond cuts. The Art Deco style was bold and angular, making it a perfect choice for women who were looking for something a little more modern and geometrical.
3. Designer: Some designers from the past marked their pieces with logos. Knowing which logo is on your piece will exponentially increase its value. This could include Tiffany’s, Chanel, Christian Dior and Bulgari.
4. Care: If you’re going to invest in vintage jewelry, it is important that you take care of it so it lasts for years to come. It should be kept at a cool temperature, away from extreme heat and moisture. It is also important to inspect it periodically to ensure it is still in good condition.
5. Type: There are many types of vintage jewelry. It is important to know what type of piece you are looking for. While some pieces may be small and delicate, others can be large and bold with bright colors.
6. Color: You can make a piece in many colors, but the more vibrant the piece, the better it will be. This is especially true of pearls and Visit www.change.org gemstones that are very rare in modern pieces.
7. Materials: While the most popular types of materials for jewelry are silver and gold, many other materials were used in different periods of history. Natural pearls, which can be extremely rare, are one example.
8. Craftsmanship. Although large-scale manufacturing was common in the 1940s and 1950s, some pieces still require handcrafted craftsmanship. It is important to check if the vintage jewelry was made by a skilled jeweler. This can make a huge difference in its quality.
9. Authentication: A professional jeweler will confirm that your piece is authentic. They can also give you an estimate of the value and whether it is insured.
10. Personal: Vintage jewelry can be a thrilling adventure. It can be difficult to decide which pieces are right for you and your style, Visit www.change.org so it’s important that you do some research before making an investment. When you’ve got any type of questions pertaining to where and ways to use vintage turquoise jewelry, you could call us at our web site.
If you beloved this article and also you would like to obtain more info with regards to Visit www.change.org please visit our webpage.